One of the biggest challenges every bride faces is working out how to style their venue. Deciding on what works with your space, what elements feel like they fit your own personal style, what's physically available to you and what fits within your budget is a huge challenge.
To make it even harder, because every venue is different, with its own style, strengths and flaws, every space needs an individual approach.
There are a few style elements, however, that work in every space (give or take a few tweaks here and there), and hanging plants is one of them.
At Oh Perfect Day we're captivated by anything floral, green, natural and botanical. We're also obsessed with all things suspended - because styling upwards always creates impact and makes your space feel more finished. So, for us, hanging plants tick a lot of boxes.
You could take the restrained approach and suspend a little cluster above a feature table or bar. You could go all out and suspend them across your entire roof ... whether there's a little or lot of them, we think they're awesome.
Make them work for you by changing the pots, vessels and hangers you display them in. And remember, just about any pot or vase can be turned into a hanging planter - so you're only limited by your imagination (google 'DIY hanging planters' for fabulous project ideas).
Today we have some breathtaking hanging plant inspiration for you. And, at the bottom of this post, a little list of some gorgeous plant hire companies operating in Victoria.
1. Suspended greenry by the Styleco via Rebecca Judd Loves. 2. Hanging jar 'planter' via Etsy 3. Hanging planters in a greenhouse via Ruffled 4. Florals bursting from terracotta pots in macrame hangers via Green Wedding Shoes 4. Wall adorned with terracotta pots via Ruffled 5. Hanging planters & beaded chandeliers styled by She Designs 6. Long reception table beneath hanging planters in a greenhouse via Ruffled. 7. Tiered hanging plants on macrame via Green Wedding Shoes 8. Macrame hangers above a reception table via Style Me Pretty 9. Terracotta pot wall via Hey Wedding Lady 9. Suspended crate planters via Ruffled .
If you're looking for hanging planters to hire or some planters to pop your gorgeous greenery into, here's some Victorian suppliers that can help you out:
- Oh Perfect day (that's us!) has two different types of gold hanging planters for hire. You can view them here and here.
- Glasshaus offers botanical short-term hire for events.
- Looseleaf are a Melbourne based florist with some absolutely gorgeous pots and plant hangers available.
- Olive Green Plant and Prop offers some fabulous pots and plants for hire.
- Botanical Events has a range of plants and pots for hire, including hanging baskets.
- Noodie and Frank offer gorgeous macrame plant hangers for hire.
Just remember that, when hanging anything from high places, its best to work with your florist or stylist to ensure everything is safe.
Are you inspired enough to consider incorporating some hanging plants into your big day?